August 31, 2012 Deadline
Offer extended! Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more info!
With more than 3,000 creative directors, designers, managers, educators and student members, RGD is committed to representing graphic design professionals who demonstrate their commitment to professionalism and raising standards for the industry.
Individuals who successfully pass the R.G.D. Examination and apply for R.G.D. Membership prior to August 31 will receive a number of benefits including:
- 50% refund of exam fees (up to $75 savings)
- free one-year subscriptions to Fast Company, Applied Arts, and Print Magazine digital
- opportunity to register for DesignThinkers 2012 at our lowest discounted rates (up to $175 savings)
- opportunity to be profiled on RGD’s homepage and in RGD Word. To see examples of past profiles, click here.
- Complete the Exam Application and prepare Portfolio Rationales (sample rationales can be seen here).
- Submit your Application with Rationales. Once your application is approved, you will be contacted and receive access to all upcoming webinars (2-4 a month – $30 savings each), an opportunity to borrow texts for the written test and buy the RGD handbook for $20 ($35 savings).
- Complete the written test and present your portfolio on one of the following dates: May 24, May 31, Jun 12, Jun 28, Jul 10, Jul 24, Aug 8, Aug 23, Aug 30. (the entire process takes about 2 hours.) The test can be written in Guelph, Hamilton, Kingston, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Thunder Bay or Toronto. Portfolio interviews can be completed in person in Toronto or via Skype.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Heidi Mulzer, Chief Operating Officer and Director of Membership, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 1.888.247.3668 x 22.